I took Lucy to her check-up last Friday, and I am glad to report that she is one healthy, strong, happy kid. And the official stats are:
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 46.8 pounds
She had to get 5 shots (4 immunizations, 1 flu shot) in her legs, and she didn't even shed a tear! She had a little bit of a tough day the rest of the day, and I think it's because she wasn't feeling very well due to those 5 shots. She kept hurting herself in little ways--bumping her head, tripping on stuff, dropping part of her sandwich at lunch--and I felt so bad because she tried hard not to cry, but finally blurted out, "I AM SO STUPID!" and ran upstairs and got into bed. This NEVER happens, so I knew something was up. Later in the day, someone asked her not to do something, and she yelled, "NO ONE LIKES ME ANYMORE!" and started to run up to her bed again. I said, "Lucy, wait!...I can tell you don't feel well. Would you like to put on your PJs, and lay in my bed and watch a movie, and I'll bring you dinner in bed?" Her whole body went limp, she started to cry, and she said, "That would be so...nice." My heart just melted for her. She spent the rest of the evening in my room all by herself, and I know it was just what she needed.
After church today, she told me she had a spot on her leg that was really itchy. She thought it was red because she had scratched it so much. But when she showed it to me, it was right where she had the DTaP shot, and I think she ended up having a minor reaction to it. None of my kids have ever had that happen after getting an immunization, so it was a little odd to see a raised, red, warm spot 2 days later. But I gave her some Tylenol and Benadryl, and I'm sure everything is fine.
On Monday, I'm planning to call the elementary school we are zoned for and ask about Kindergarten registration. I can't believe we'll have a Kindergartener come September! Another shocker: Amy will be a SUNBEAM in Primary next year. Where does the time go?
Gina
1 comment:
It is actually fairly common for children to have a mild reaction within a few days. I see parents (understandably) concerned about this with some frequency, but it is nothing to be worried about.
Post a Comment