Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Parenting An 18-Month Old (continued)

So after my post yesterday, I got to thinking about what I need to do in order to stay sane while Amy is in the "I get into everything because I CAN" stage. Lucky for me, Amy showed me EXACTLY what should be put out of reach, blocked off, or cleaned up. This prompted me to make a checklist of what tasks have to be done when the Amy-nator is awake:

If you noticed, there's plenty of room left to add more.

Here's something amazing: IT WORKED. Honestly, I haven't had such a stress-free morning in about 6 months. Of course, she was asleep for about 90 minutes of the morning, but that was like frosting on a cake for me.

So even though having the blinds pulled up during the day means I can't walk around in my underwear, it's a small price to pay to stay out of the asylum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That brings back memories we also shared of soft boiled eggs, things left on the table and even baby gates. The soft boiled eggs are a specialty in England, served in little egg cups. So when Amy is at our house she loves playing with the little egg cups we have and when at your house, she plays with the eggs without the cups.

Anna said...

Seriously I have a checklist in my head too. It makes life so much easier.

PS-Im going to get the haircut next week!