So it's 3:50 AM. Amy woke up at 2:04, and David graciously went to get her and changed her diaper. Then she went back to the crib. The problem is, at 2 AM, I've just had a fabulous 4 hour nap, and now my brain won't shut down again. I've got several thoughts running around in there, and I just can't seem to settle into bed again. So I figure if I put down what I'm thinking about, then I'll be able to get back in bed and fall asleep until the alarm goes off at 6:20. So here it is:
Gina's Random Thoughts as of 3:53 AM, Monday
1. I'm cold.
2. I was asked to help plan December's Enrichment night, and it's coming up on Thursday. I've got to get it all coordinated, not to mention I'm the one giving the 15-minute devotional at the beginning. Oh, and, when I did the posters to "advertise" what's coming up, I put the wrong date on them, and didn't realize it until about 45 minutes ago. (Say hello to some serious time with my phone and the ward directory.)
3. I can't find my favorite Christmas CD ("Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas"), and it's driving me crazy. I've looked everywhere I can think of, and apparently, I don't have a very large brain because I still haven't found it.
4. I'm wondering what my power bill is going to be this month. We've been using our gas fireplace more lately, so I'm hoping we don't have to pay through the nose for electricity like last month. FYI, houses built in 1925 have exactly no insulation. I would do something about it, but we're renting.
5. One of my MySpace "friends" that is actually someone I know in real life and love deeply has (in my opinion) an inappropriate picture up on her profile. I want to say something, because it really bothers me, but I don't know how to approach this, since I don't want to offend or alienate her. But the picture paints her in a light that I don't think is really who she is, and I wish she would be true to herself.
6. I'm trying to think of a way to fit in some serious exercise without having to pack my kids over to the YMCA every day. I think dropping them off in the childcare center twice a week is plenty, and any more than that makes me feel selfish for making them go so that I can have some exercise time. I'm semi-seriously considering getting up at 5:30 AM and heading to the YMCA while David and the girls are still asleep, but I can't quite love the idea of hearing the radio-alarm go off that early in the morning--even though I love the music the radio station plays. Plus, we pay $55 a month to go to the YMCA, and I'm really not getting my money's worth.
7. I have towels that I washed on Saturday, but forgot to put them in the dryer. They've been sitting in the washing machine for 36 hours, and they are going to stink when I go out there in the morning. And, that means I wasted water and soap. (And why is this so important at 4:14 AM?)
I think that's it for now. I'm still cold, so I think I'll go crawl under the covers. Maybe I'll read for awhile. Ooh. I just yawned. This is progress. Thanks for reading, and please leave me a comment telling me it's all going to be okay.
1 comment:
Ive had the worst insomnia too. Its been crazy. Sorry about my nude myspace pic. Ill take it down, I dont want you scared anymore.
Post a Comment